I have 15 minutes to present to a group of @ 50 Local Business Professionals.
I was asked to give a talk about “The State of the Nashville Real Estate Market”
I think best while blogging . . . so here goes (I’m going to have to talk FAST because I think I have a lot to say).
– How do you like this LOCAL business environment?
– I’m a REALTOR and Real Estate Firm Founder and Owner, and the one thing I know for SURE is that Real Estate is a LOCAL business – We all have to keep reminding ourselves of this.
– The population of REALTORS in Nashville has fallen (40%ish) in the past few years . . . Next REALTOR you see, give him/her a hug
– How are we surviving?
– We are doing what we’ve ALWAYS done – Village “Connectors”
We are still helping folks with their quality of life decisions (Where to live) . . . Divorce, Death, Up-size, Down-size, bankruptcy, foreclosure
and we are COOPERATING with each other – VERY FEW Ethics issuses
VERY strong Associations (World Class)
World class MLS – Realtracs.com
– Real Estate Sales is the world’s 2nd oldest profession
As long as humans have been around, there’s been a need for housing
So . . . the market tanked . . . and I opened a new real estate firm
Nothing else was working . . . It was time to INNOVATE
The State of the market . . .
EVERYTHING is MOVING – Just when we think we’ve “got it” something changes
– this Spring market is ALIVE
We are BUSY
We are working harder than EVER (averaging 3+ offers per Transaction)
Values are recovering – slowly – but recovering
Seeing some multiple offer scenarios as inventory begins to dwindle
Condos – Gulch – Highrises – Shortage
- Rehab (12 south)
- Products (Smaller/Urban with garages)
- and SLOW
- Great time to Buy
- Great time to Sell
- for the right people
- REALTORS help folks with the process of navigating all of the above . . .
- So home buyers and sellers can make good decisions
- Property Tax changes
- Healthy Living
- Mass Transit
- Convention Center
- R to R Networking
- Reaching out to community
- RPAC – Getting involved with Legislative issues
- Habitat – Building a house every year
- Training CE
- Supporting Schools
- Doing what we’ve ALWAYS done