Everything below “works” for ANYONE in ANY profession.
I’ve been asked to be the guest speaker at this month’s meeting of The Nashville Area REALTOR YPN at the Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS next week.
When they asked me what I would talk about, I answered with a question:
“What do these Young Professionals want to learn this month?”
I suggested that we ask THEM this question and see what comes back, so Jenny did . . . She fired out an email, and received back something along the lines of:
- “. . . simply need help getting clients, so lead generation seems to be a top concern”
- Mention of: “struggles of trying to get business up and running while not making much (or any) money the first year or two.”
- “Ways to find clients and do marketing that don’t cost a lot of money.”
I cogitated on this for a few days and let it distill in my head and came up with the following:
- Why do you want to be a REALTOR?
- Who do you want to serve?
- What’s your Niche?
- Do you understand this is a business you Own, Manage, and Operate?
- Are you interested in developing great habits that will attract the right people?
- Do you have a DataBase? (Crucial to Build it, feed it, communicate with it, and service the leads generated).
- What’s the difference between “Lead Generating” and “Marketing?”
- Are you Open to committing to a disciplined Budget of your Time, Energy, and Money?
I sent all of that to Jenny who then crafted this invitation:
Join YPN for the first class in our Start Up! series: Instructor Barry Owen will help you find your niche, develop a database, hone your lead generation and marketing skills, and teach you where to focus your time, energy, and money as a new REALTOR.”