Do most of us have it WRONG?
What things, people, events, circumstances do any of us REALLY have CONTROL over?
Arguably, the only person on the planet I can control is myself (Same goes for you :-))!
We can take responsibility for this control (of self) and honor it in all of its glory . . . or we can choose to give it away.
I got a speeding ticket last month.
Of course, it wasn’t my fault . . .
- I was running late and needed to be on time
- I was driving a “perfectly safe speed on a relatively empty road
- The weather was beautiful
- I was focused on my driving (not texting or talking on the phone)
- That police man clocked me exceeding the speed limit in a section of the road where the speed limit had decreased 15 MPH . . . dirty pool!
- I haven’t had a ticket in YEARS
- “We give other people and situations control over us by the way we react to them.”
- “Speeders think they are taking control when they are actually LOSING it.”
- Recognize what’s ahead using all of your senses (Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch)
- Understand what it means and play the “What if . . . ” scenario Game
- ACT Correctly and “in time” (not too early or late)