I have a LOT of respect for Metropolitan Nashville Police Department.
Nashville’s Finest serve and protect us Nashvillians ’round the clock and accept the possibility of personal harm and even the “ultimate Sacrifice” of death in the line of duty.
On all of their vehicles, you’ll find “Nashville’s Guardians” subtly emblazoned on the fender.
These fine Men and Women care deeply about maintaining law and order and the SAFETY of all of our citizens from the myriad ways we can be harmed by criminals aplenty.
I believe Realtors are also “Guardians” of the rights of Home Owners, Buyers, Sellers, Landlords, Tenants, Investors and these Licensed Real Estate Sales Professionals are indefatigable when it comes to “policing our own” as we self-enforce our Realtor code of Ethics.
Within EVERY real estate market, there are many “wolves in sheep’s clothing” who prey on unsuspecting Home Sellers and Buyers by offering “too good to be true” benefits for “Buying direct” without the use (protection) of the representation of a Realtor. “They make wild claims of “Hassle-free” process – “Move when YOU want to move without having to worry about the inconvenience of preparing your house for the market and then the distraction of having to allow showings to prospective Buyers.”
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably IS!
The folks who fall for these “great deals” often later lament the EXPENSIVE “gotchas” that show up throughout the process. Costly “repair requirements”, hidden fees, selling prices lower than market . . . For sure, there’s a REAL cost for this convenience.
Having said all of this, there are some people who think they NEED the “convenience benefits” because they’ve gotta move NOW . . . in desperation!
My advice to anyone and everyone contemplating a move is to meet with a LOCAL Realtor before signing ANY agreement to buy or sell “off market.” You might be surprised with the information a Realtor will be able to share with you to help you accomplish your goals with minimal inconvenience.
- Due to covid-19 restrictions, the number of physical showings is few for most home sales because Realtors are providing high quality photos/videos and “walk-through” tours with ZOOM or facebook Live etc
- Inventory of available houses is likely relatively low so seller competition for Buyers is low.
- In most areas, pricing has NOT declined as a result of the Pandemic
- Your Realtor will work with you to prepare the house for the market utilizing his/her many “allied partners” who specialize in home sale repairs and staging.
- In most “off-market” transaction scenarios I have witnessed, the unrepresented (by Realtor) parties have netted LESS money than they would have had they hired a Realtor.
- . . . and the ZINGER . . . In my 27 years as a Realtor, the ONLY transactions that I have seen lead to litigation (lawsuit) are ones in which there was no Realtor involvement
All of the above sets the stage for THIS:
Open Door has announced that they are on their way back into the National Real Estate Market. They are beginning in Phoenix and Raleigh-Durham and will likely be back in Nashville as soon as possible.
I’ll let the video below tell the rest of the story . . . BEWARE housing black market.
This is a hard hitting 6 minute video that does a good job of calling them out on their unscrupulous ways . . . AND advocating for hiring a REALTOR to sell or Buy.