I’ve been thinking a lot about what this world needs more of, and the words “Stoic Leadership” popped into my mind . . . so I googled to see what I could find about it.
This brought me to a blog post that I have quoted some (not all) of the content below – Click on the title for the full text.
Without question, what we need more than anything in today’s raplex world is steady leadership. “Popularity” doesn’t seem to be getting results.
Lead Stoicism – Stoic Philosophy and Leadership in Modern Times
“What is Stoicism? Stoicism is a much misunderstood yet highly influential Hellenistic philosophical school. Notable Stoics include the emperor Marcus Aurelius, the hot-shot politician and lawyer Seneca and the slave Epictetus. It stresses logic, ethics and most famously the management of destructive emotions, self-control and fortitude. In stoicism character development through ethics, daily practice and values is key, and it is usually considered an egalitarian and cosmopolitan philosopher that has served generations of classical leaders from Alexander the Great onwards.
What are the Tenants of Lead Stoicism?
- Resilience – “bouncing back” . . . empathy, vulnerability and openness . . . is committed to internal strength, has spine, character and can be relied upon.
- Awareness and Choice To the Lead Stoic there is always a choice. The Lead Stoic is mindful of and chooses their thoughts, behaviour and emotional response.
- Values-Led . . . caring little for the trappings of worldly success which come and go beyond one’s control. The Lead Stoic always “wins” because they do not rely upon the results of their efforts for happiness but the efforts themselves and deeply held values aligned with nature.
- Practice A Lead Stoic . . . walks the walk. It is though practice, action and establishing virtue through behaviour . . . Discipline and application are required for Lead Stoicism, it is not a quick fix or virtual activity.
- Emotional-Logical-Bodily Balance . . . balances their logic, bodily intuition and urges and emotions, employing all in the service of a wider calling . . . maintains impeccable self-control and does not worship at the limp table of feeling . . . develops inner calm through meditation, state management and the skilful use of cognition. The Lead Stoics uses reason as a tool in an increasingly irrational age
- Acceptance, Discernment and Politics . . . balances the acceptance of what can not be changed with the courage to change what can. They are as discerning as a staunch conservative and as open to diversity as a radical liberal. They are conservative in their values and radical in their commitment to them. They are neither left nor right but in front.
- Depth and Connection . . . depth, recognising our interconnectedness with each other, with the divine (by whatever name) and the planet. The Lead Stoic contemplates that which dies (including their own mortality) and that which does not.
Pareto Realty – WIIFM? (What’s in it for me?)
I think it’s as descriptive as I could possibly get in terms of describing what Pareto Realty stands for in the Greater Nashville area real estate market.
and . . .
It IS Stoic Leadership in the marketplace . . .
Contact me if it feels like a good fit for YOUR business.
If you end up costing you more money than unlicensed
contractors they would have had a sticker labeling it
as a resource Excellent I like that. The website would forward your details to select the right advice and guidance to complete your house to brandish with your home.
He can help ensure that you know that my contractor
is essential that artists use high settings on your way.
Feel free to surf to my homepage: web page (Lisette)
I blog often and I really thank you for your information. The article has really peaked
my interest. I am going to book mark your site and keep checking for new details about
once a week. I opted in for your RSS feed too.
There is certainly a great deal to find out about
this subject. I like all the points you’ve made.
I blog quite often and I genuinely appreciate your
content. Your article has truly peaked my interest. I’m going to take a note of your website and keep checking
for new information about once a week. I subscribed
to your RSS feed too.
My blog post; outrank (Tiffiny)
Leave a comment