I know I can:
- Mow my yard every week
- Paint the walls and trim in house (Inside and Out)
- Learn how to, then fix any electrical issues
- Install a new toilet
- Assemble stuff that needs assembling
- Change the oil in my car
- Wash and Wax my car
- Build a fence or a deck
- Clean my gutters
- Cut down that tree
- Lay the tile for our Kitchen back-splash and Bathrooms
- Refinish our Hardwood Floors
- Be present for every showing of houses I have listed for sale
- Fix issues that come up on Inspection Reports for my clients
- Lie, Cheat, and Steal
- Eat Bacon at every meal (Not only “can” but also WANT)
- Drive 125 MPH on I-40
- Handle all of the details for every transaction in my business
- and the list continues endlessly
So many things to do and so little time . . .
Of course if I do all of that just because I CAN, what am I proving?
Odds are good that if I did all of that, I’d hurt myself in some way . . . or land in jail . . . or find myself homeless because . . .
Not ONE of those things MATTER to me as much as time with my family and attention to pursuit of my REAL passion through doing the things that I SHOULD be doing (Yes! Things that Matter), like:
- More play time with my wife and children and friends
- Face time with my Clients and Colleagues
- Attention to Generating more business for myself and Pareto Realty
- Taking time to take care of myself
- Following my heart
Note: The list of things I CAN do is WAY longer than the list of things that MATTER. It’s easier to find more banal stuff to do than it is to FOCUS and to be INTENTIONAL and thoughtful.
KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)
It really amounts to not much more than showing up and being present with everything you do.
Delegate the busy work and stay true to your authentic self.
You’ll work less and the happier you’ll be.
Next thing ya know, you’ll start noticing more SMILES around you because this stuff is contagious.
We ALL thank you for brightening our day with your presence 🙂
Less is more!