This one is for all of those folks out there who are dreading the next 2-3 weeks with all of the potential for DRAMA the Holiday Season holds.
- Christmas shopping
- School functions (Sports, Musical Performances, Exams)
- Kids getting out of school (and being HOME 24/7)
- Relatives showing up (and spooling up the family dynamic)
- Christmas parties
- Eat weird food
- Drinking more booze than usual
All the while doing your BEST to focus on your business and all that needs your attention to close out 2013 and prepare for 2014.
It hurts my head to even contemplate all of this . . .
I have some advice to help you continue to BREATHE:
- Stay present with the reason for the season
- Remember that whoever comes are the right people. Don’t fret about people who didn’t show up . . . or people who DID show up unexpectedly.
- Whenever it starts is the right time. Throw your agenda out the window and quit obsessing . . . It’ll all work out, I promise!
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have. Given the people present, exactly the right things will happen as long as you’re not filtering everything through your micro-filter of expectations.
- Expect to be surprised.
- When it’s over, it’s over. There’s no shame in leaving the party early (or staying late) as long as you’re fully PRESENT.
- Show up and be present . . . there’s no point in you sticking around if your mind is elsewhere – that serves no one well.
- Follow your heart – Do what you love and be with the people you love
- Tell the Truth . . .
- Let it GO!
If it hurts and/or stresses you out, you’re doing something wrong.
Go take a walk and return later with a clear head and a commitment to enjoy.
It’s totally OK to be SELFISH for the next few weeks. It does no one any good if you take on ALL of the responsibilities . . . Be sure that you enjoy as much pampering as those who you are pampering.
Be generous of Heart, Mind, and Soul and don’t be so concerned about the material things.
Santa’s going to be VERY good to you this year 🙂