Every time I have the good fortune of offering a house for sale, I give the owner a homework assignment.
I ask them to tell me EVERYTHING:
- Why did THEY buy THAT house years ago?
- What features do they like/enjoy the MOST about the house?
- What improvements have they made to the house since buying it?
- What special features are in the house that the average Buyer can’t see?
- Why are they moving?
- Who are the neighbors and what goes on in the neighborhood?
- Tell me your story about living in this house
Every Seller does this for me, and some are more comprehensive than others.
The Owners of 1070 Meeks Cemetery Road have done such a magnificent job with their homework (and telling their story), I can’t help but present this house (mostly) in THEIR words.
What I will say from the start is that this house has more bang for the buck than ANY house of its size I’ve ever had the privilege of selling.
Think of ANY in-home activity you can imagine, and this house a space for that . . all masterfully designed into a very efficient 3400 Square Feet.
4 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bath . . . Keep reading to be awed by the magnificence 🙂
Recent Improvements: Mail Box, Gutter leaf guards, Extensive Home Security System, Brown vinyl chain link fence with three gates installed in back yard, Custom Wood Blinds installed in all windows, In-line Heater installed in master jetted tub, Finished Basement including Bedroom with full bath, Media Space, Exercise Space, Wet Bar, Pool Table/Foosball Space, Safe Room, Raised garden, New Roof installed Fall 2013, New Carpet installed in the upper two floors in the summer of 2013
General Description: Efficient and functional three level floor plan with several rooms which can be multi-purposed.
- Main floor includes: entry foyer with coat closet; half bath; formal dining; large laundry with freezer/storage area; kitchen with custom cabinetry and eating bar; informal dining open to living/den with towering ceiling and gas fireplace; large master suite with tray ceiling, setting area, and extra-large walk-in closet; master bath with vaulted ceiling, double vanity, jetted tub with in-line heater, and separate large marble & glass shower. Large raised deck, two car attached garage with work space, and a semi walk-in crawl space which can be used for storage. Honey-oak wood floors throughout main living, carpet in master bed and closets, tile floors in bathrooms and laundry. Corian solid surface kitchen counter tops and marble vanities. Carpeted stair case with wood and iron accented railing. Access to floored attic in master closet. Separate heating and cooling unit for each level (3 units)
- The second floor includes: small game closet in upper landing; two bedrooms; full bath with combo tub/shower, double marble vanity, and custom cabinetry; separate setting / office area; bonus/game room (suitable for large office with an offset setting area). Floors: Honey-oak wood floor in staircase landing, tile in bathroom, and carpet throughout other rooms. Access to floored attic is available in the setting room. A separate heat pump unit provides heating and cooling for the upstairs.
- The finished walk-out basement with windows is not your typical man cave: it is a multi-purposed entertainment and living area. A private bedroom with tray ceiling and connected bath with luxury marble shower and custom vanity and mirror has become the room of choice for many visitors. The open floor plan for the larger portion of the finished basement includes a four seat theater room (with audio/video equipment closet under stairwell), game area large enough for a game/dining table, pool table, and custom oak cabinetry (including bookcase, dry bar with Corian solid surface counter top, built-in fridge, and large custom mirror); there is also an offsetting open area which is currently being used for a foosball table, piano, and exercise room; plus there is a separate carpeted storage/safe room. The basement has a tile entry, carpet throughout including staircase, and tile bath and dry bar area. Ceilings in the basement are 8’3” to 9’3’ with finished trey ceilings and crown molding. Framed heat pump system provides efficient heating and cooling.
- Lot description: The home sits high on a sloping acre lot with a wooded dry creek through the lower rear portion of the property (the creek does run during downpours / when the upstream pond overflows). The property adjoins an undeveloped wooded acre lot on the lower side and another but smaller home built by the same builder on the upper side. The rear of the property, beyond the creek, slopes upward and connects to an undeveloped wooded pasture. The front of the property faces a wooded area which has a smaller home snuggle behind. Thus, the home has a high serenity setting and the flat ground near the dry creek invites lounging in a hammock or cozying up to an outdoor fire. Deer, wild turkey, and birds of all kinds frequent this area. The scenic and serenity address provides reasonable access to West Nashville via I-40, Franklin via Hwy 96 & I-840, Fairview via Hwy 96, Dickson (5 miles), and Burns (3-4 miles).
- Views: large wooded lot providing both serenity and the joy of seeing wildlife and birds of all kinds
- The covered front porch with room for rocking chairs and the large raised back deck with room for lounging and cooking out
- The open and functional floor plan – with efficient use of space and several multi-purposed rooms
- Warmth of the gas fireplace in the great-room and the great view from the large window in the kitchen eating area
- The large master suite with setting area and great view, jetted tub with in-line heater and large marble/glass shower, and large walk in closet with room for a chest of drawers
- The attractiveness and comfort of the finished basement including a theater room and bedroom with connected bath/luxury shower: great for entertaining, exercising, relaxing, and sleeping
- Attractive honey-oak wood and tile floors
- The convenience and functionality of 3.5 baths
- The convenience of the large raised eating bar with Corian solid surface counter top
- The large bonus room with setting area (has been a great office where two books were written)
- Convenient and central setting room / computer and small office area
- Large tiled laundry with deep sink and ample space for freezer and storage
- Convenience of the near-by raised garden
- Security system
Outdoor Package: $1000
- Portable Storage Building located under raised deck
- Cub cadet riding lawn mower with cover
- Portable Deck Cover / Awning
- Oak Slate Pool Table with Claw Feet
- Black Padded Pool Table Storage Bench
- Wall rack and cue sticks
- Pool balls and accessories
- Pool table lighting fixture (otherwise fixture does not stay)
- Foosball table
- Electronics: LG 55 inch 240 Hz LED HD TV, Yamaha AV Receiver, Klipsch Quintet Home Theater Speaker System, LG Blue-ray DVD player, HD Cables and closet shelving, TV wall mounting system; and Logitech Remote Control and charger (special remote allows communication through the wall). Equipment was purchased from Best Buy for $4290.61 plus purchased shelving, HD cables, speaker wires and installation seperately.
- Theater Chairs: Four black reclining chairs with drink holders.
- Twin bed and mattress and box springs
- Closet portable hanging system
- Solid Body Home Gym with leg press and 160’ of weights
- Dining/game table and four swivel chairs
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, I rank this house up there at the top of the list of my favorite houses – EVER!
All of this can be YOURS!
Connect with me to schedule a viewing.