Beware! Following is a string of random thoughts from the Nashville Predators WIN last night.
The stats the announcers thought were significant:
- Rinne (The Predator’s Goalie) had an AMAZING number of “saves”
- Sissons (Preds) had a Hat Trick (3 Goals) that most fans didn’t know about because the first goal was initially credited to another player
- The Ducks had more than DOUBLE the number of shots on goal (41-18)
- Preds scored 6 points with 18 shots on goal
- Ducks scored 2 points with 41 shots on goal
- Prior to this game, all but one of the teams that scored first LOST the game.
- The Preds were STILL down their 2 injured STAR leaders
- Our “7th man” (The fans) SHOWED UP last night – BEFORE, DURING, & AFTER the game – This WAS a whole city team effort
- The Ducks played a very offensive game as evidenced by the disparity in shots on goal.
- The Preds played a very defensive game (which made me nervous in the 2nd period)
- It takes more energy to play offensively – The ducks were VERY fatigued and angry in the 3rd period – which made them sloppy.
- Yes Rinne (Preds Goalie) played an AMAZING game, but he did not create this win – he was a participant – The defenders between him and the Duck’s offense played an equally AMAZING game.
- The defensive strategy kept our offense fresher for a strong finish.
- As long as no one shaves a beard, I think the Preds have a great shot at keeping this momentum rolling to win the Stanley Cup.
Of course, I have some “Life and Business” learnings from this play-off series:
- When your team IS a team, no player is more important than the others.
- Play with a strategy for endurance . . . one that conserves energy.
- Leave it ALL on the ice EVERY game.
- Play with heart – This is not a job . . . It’s a passion.
- Love and acknowledge your 7th Man – You know who your cheerleaders and supporters are . . . Thank them and be humble and kind.
- Do whatever it takes to protect your GOAL!
- Less “try” and more “DO” WINS . . .
- Pay attention to your conversion points and measure
- THOSE. How can you increase your % converted?
- How many leads do you need in order to close enough business to earn enough $ to live the life you want?
- What efficiencies can you implement to decrease the number of leads needed for each score?
- Know when is best for defensive posture vs offensive posture.
Be intentional in everything you do!