TOD can be crippling.
It can paralyze any and all of your efforts to generate more leads.
TOD will cause you to serve only ONE client (and neglect the rest)
Advanced cases of TOD will result in REALTOR “Burn-Out”
TOD is a Motivation KILLER.
“Transaction Obsession Disorder” occurs when a REALTOR encounters that perfect storm of complexity in a transaction that usually arises from an aggregation of 3 primary factors:
- Less than honest and transparent clients – Buyers who don’t tell all to the lender -Conveniently forget the $54,000 owed to the IRS and the Foreclosure 18 months ago – and don’t use bank accounts (probably so they can hide their money from the IRS) so verification of “seasoned money” is not a possibility . . . and Sellers who develop amnesia about significant structural problems and frequent flooding of the property and the presence of myriad unrecorded easements and 3 liens
- A mortgage Loan Originator who does not possess the skills nor the energy to discover any of the Client’s hi-jinx on the front end . . . Perhaps Ignorance – or lazyness . . . and promises the moon only to discover one complication after another for a period of MONTHS resulting in multiple consecutive contract extensions . . . and then goes silent out of embarrassment or sheer frustration from not knowing how to fix the mess.
- A REALTOR who REALLY NEEDS THIS SALE TO CLOSE and therefore makes this transaction a CAREER thereby dropping any and all efforts to find and serve other clients. (TOD)
Don’t let this be you.
- KNOW your clients
- KNOW the Mortgage Loan Originator
- NEVER cease Lead Generation efforts for ANY reason . . . Do something EVERY day to find and secure at least 2 leads.
Friends don’t let friends slide into TOD.
It’s a jungle out there!