This idea could be worth a MILLION BUCKS!
How often do you think of a GREAT, NEW business idea that you KNOW will be a REAL WINNER in your market?
You see this gaping hole in the market and can vividly see a “fix” . . .
NO ONE else understands how to fix it, and EVERYONE shares the frustration of having to work over, under, or through, the obstacle course this gap presents . . . and YOU are the ONLY person who “GETS IT”
For sure – If you can implement your plan, you’ll make a million bucks.
Before you commit your full attention and resources to this new thing, just THINK for a few minutes.
- What is your potential “Opportunity Cost” of chasing this rabbit down THAT trail? Will building this new component into your business distract you from your core purpose for being in business?
- If you take your eye off your “Regular Business” and focus on this new thing, what will become of your current clients?
- What if you decide to do this new thing full tilt, and it dead ends?
- What then? Will you be able gather the remnants of the business you abandoned and start fresh? How long will it take to recover?
So . . . does this mean that I am discouraging you from pursuing new and interesting ideas?
I am simply asking you to THINK FIRST!
Think about things like:
- Do I have to be the person to implement this idea?
- Who do I know who is already “wired” to do this?
- What resources are out there that I can leverage to ease the path?
- Are there any “Models” anywhere in the country in other markets that I can find, study, and emulate?
- If I DO take this on, and it succeeds, what will that mean for me and my family?
- If I DON’T take this on NOW, will I regret it for the rest of my life? (especially if someone else does it successfully without me)
Don’t abandon your great ideas . . . EMBRACE THEM!
Shape your idea and invite other people to think about it with you.
Build a team of people who “opt in” with passion around the idea.
Be as LAZY as you can be and wean yourself away from the process as these folks with passion take the ball and run with it . . . marvel in their agility and speed.
and continue to do that which you KNOW is the best use of YOU!
Be a good Farmer!
- Imagine a seed (Thought/Idea)
- Find the best, fertile soil in which to plant that seed.
- Engage the right people with passion for caring for the seed.
- Seek out and provide all the available appropriate tools.
- and watch with pleasure as your idea blossoms.
Keep working YOUR magic by doing those things for which you have passion . . . and when you see bright shiny objects flash into view, make your choice:
Engage fully and do it all by yourself
Be a good Farmer!
(I know you’re one of the “Vital Few” or you wouldn’t still be reading)